Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trying something new...

So I did manage to skip dinner... well, I had 3 slices of ham. The problem was that later I was hungry and had a FREAKING HUGE BOWL OF ICE CREAM!!! Ugh. I am such a loser. This morning the scale showed my stupidity, back up to 121.8. But, I did get up and work out this morning too.

I think I have realized that if I can work out and gain muscle, but still stay the same weight, then when I start trying harder to lose the weight by restricting more, it should come off easier because I have a higher metabolism because I have more muscle, right??? Yeah, that's me convincing myself that it is OK to eat. And that was my thought process this morning, when I ate oatmeal (160 cal) grapes (100 cal, estimate) and a stupid piece of danish at my meeting (probably around 250 cal).

And then I got ahold of myself and realized I was being stupid.

So yesterday I was poking around on other blogs and found one comment somewhere that someone had NME (must not eat, but out of order so people couldn't guess) written on their wrist. So I did it. And now every time I feel the urge to eat the pretzels in my desk, or the lunch I brought and didn't eat, I look down and remember that I'm being stupid. To whoever wrote that, I'm sorry I don't remember your name, THANK YOU!

Stay strong, stronger than me. You are all better than I am, just remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ;)