Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Somebody talk me down...

Ugh. Holidays in a school... there is food EVERYWHERE!!! There is so much food here that they even call today "Pig-Out Day"... And somehow that's OK???

The smell of food is everywhere. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to not only be good, but how I'm going to not make it look like there's something wrong with me. I took my "dish to pass" (meatballs in a crock pot, something I'm pretty sure I'll have no personal interest in eating even if I end up taking them home) down to the main office so I wouldn't have to smell it all morning. Unfortunately, that's also where the coffee is, and I do need my coffee refills occasionally.

So I do have an excuse to run out at lunch, which I'm going to use, but I think I'm going to delay my return a bit beyond what is reasonable, just to stay away. It's too bad, because our retirees from last year will be stopping by for lunch, and I'm probably not going to get to see them at all, and I really like them. But really, why do all gatherings here in the US revolve around food??? It's no wonder everyone here is fat!

So last night was good. Actually, all day yesterday was good. I went the whole day with just coffee and gum, and then I had a small portion of chicken quesadillas for dinner. I think I ate 1/2 of a burrito size tortilla, 1/4 cup cheese, about 8 black beans, 1/4 cup of salsa, and about 1 oz of chicken. Oh, and 1/2 tsp of sour cream. So what's that in calories? I'm a chronic round-upper, so I round that to 500. But that's all day! After that I just had a cup of tea!

The scale was kind this morning-- 118.0... but I've been here before only to have it go back up to 123, so I just have to keep myself in control. With today at work and Thanksgiving on Thursday, that will be difficult. Also, my goal was to get to 115 for Vegas (that's 1 week from today) so I doubt I'll get there now. BUT I was planning to pig out royally while I'm there, and suddenly I'm planning how I can skip meals or eat smaller portions. I'm going to order the expensive things on the menu that usually come in tiny portions (seafood, sushi) but taste delicious! I'm going to skip the hotel buffet breakfast. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know! This past weekend was the first weekend I really tried to restrict in front of people who might notice, and it was all about the challenge of getting away with it, which I did well!

OK, sorry for the book. Stay strong lovelies!!!

1 comment:

  1. Water bottles, chug chug chug! I swear, keep your stomach FILLED with water, it works so well, I've done the drink till I'm sick and been able to just eat a few bites of a muffin or something on an otherwise empty stomach, normally that would start a binge for me so I know I'm on to something lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)