Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Partial success?

I can't really call it a failure, but it wasn't a success either...

I just came back from our "Pig-out day" festivities. Here's what happened.
I had to leave quickly at the beginning of the lunch. I came back and quietly hid under my desk in my office (nobody had seen me, they were all eating) and read for about 20 minutes. Then I got a call that I had to answer. So after the call, I decided to go show my face (great timing, too... because I passed someone who was coming back to my office on the way, and it would have looked really weird if I were sitting under a desk when she got there). I said hi to the retirees, and got a plate. I put a small amount of turkey (about 3 oz) on, then a LARGE amount of salad (lettuce, bacon bits, shredded cheese) with some low cal italian dressing, then a small amount of spinach dip with bread, 1 hors d'ourves, a bunch of raw broccoli and some cherry tomatoes. Then I sat down. I at all of the salad, about 1/2 of the turkey, 1 bite of the bread, about 1 tsp of spinach dip (some on bread, some on broccoli) and the tomatoes. I didn't eat the hors d'ourve (it was gross, I took a tiny taste) and skipped the droolworthy dessert table entirely.

All in all-- probably about 300 calories, maybe 400. And with all that salad, I'm actually pretty full. PLUS my co-workers saw me get a full plate and eat most of it (because it was mostly salad, but they don't need to know that and I doubt anyone was paying that close of attention).

I'm calling it a partial success. It could have been worse, but I wish I'd been able to skip it all together.

But now, I'm going to try to use the excuse that I had a massive lunch to allow me to skip dinner! Plus tonight is drinking with the girls night, so I'm sure we'll have some kind of snack. BOOOO.

EDIT 2 hours later-- I just went down to fill my water cup (of course in the lounge, where all the leftovers were moved to) and couldn't stop myself. I had a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting and a small piece of a nut bread. Ugh. And I'd been doing so well. I guess we'll see what this does to the scale for tomorrow, hopefully it won't have too much of an effect.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything. Hopefully it counts as a success!
    Hang in there, gorgeous.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)