Friday, November 19, 2010

Success is mine! It's the little things LOL

OK, so a couple of people brought me the most beautiful pancake this morning to eat... I graciously accepted, and went to work. I'm not kidding, this thing was about two inches thick, perfectly cooked, with chocolate chips! It looked awesome. What did I do? Well, first after they left I thought "well, I'll just take a bite, so I can tell them how good it was" Then I thought "no, I can eat one pancake"... Then I thought "No, I'm going to say it's good no matter what-- I don't need to eat it, right?"...

So anyway, there it sat, beside me while I was working on some paperwork. And it smelled awesome. I picked it up, intent on taking one bite, and then getting rid of it. The smell was overpowering. Then I reminded myself that the smell is the strongest part, and the taste would never be as good. So I shredded the thing-- I pulled it apart into teeny tiny pieces in my hands. And I threw it in the trash. I got chocolate chips all over my hands, and didn't even lick them. I went to the bathroom to wash them off.

So for today, I'm 1 and 1. I lost to breakfast, but I won against the evil pancake. Oh, and I'm skipping lunch, using it to blog, so that makes me 2 and 1! I'm in the lead! Take that FAT!!!

LOL, yup, I'm crazy. But I'm winning!


UGH. It's a couple hours later, and I just was in a meeting where I was quite literally forced to eat a cookie. DAMNIT!!! It's a long story, a bit involved, but what it boils down to is that my boss would have thought I was either crazy or just downright mean if I didn't eat the damn thing.

GRRR, going to have to make up for that somehow. I just keep telling myself "it's just one cookie, it's just one cookie"... yeah, about 150 calories :( I feel broken.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Way to go ;) the little victories add up for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh pet, it's o.k. It's just one cookie.
    I did way worse today. I totally binged and then puked it all up for a half an hour but I'm pretty sure I'll have gained by tomorrow.
    I also feel broken at this moment.
    Chin up beautiful!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job on the pancake!! work is the worst place for food!! when i was in my old job in the office food was EVERYWHERE!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)