Thursday, January 20, 2011

On my way

I set myself a real goal, something in the future that I'm specifically looking forward to, an event where I MUST LOOK GOOD!!!

I'm getting together with a group of my friends from high school. Some of these people I literally haven't seen since high school, so I'm curious what everyone looks like now. I need to look super hot. I need to be thin, the thinnest one in the room. I need to make it look effortless, like I'm just naturally beautiful.

Date for the get together-- February 19. 30 days-- just like that old Morgan Spurlock show, I can do anything for 30 days. It's not really that hard-- 30 days and I'll WOW everyone at the party.

Goal weight: 105.

A week ago that would have been only about 8 lbs. But the last week has been out of hand. Now that's a little over 10 lbs. But I'm sure those first couple of pounds will fall off again, especially since DH is going to be gone most weekends so I can slip some fasting days in there.

Tomorrow my mom's coming to visit, so no fasting for dinner. But she gets it when I eat healthy (and she likes to eat healthy as well) so that's a good thing. Then she's leaving on Saturday evening, so I can smoke and fast from Saturday night until DH comes home on Monday night... 48 hour fast! YAY!!! The only downside is that I have NO energy when I'm fasting and I still have to keep up with my kids. BOOO. Ah well, they'll get me the exercise I need, right?

Ugh, I'm gonna post it. Today's weight: 116.6 The killer is that I was below 113 about a week ago. I suck, but I will make up for it. I will fix it.

OK, my basal rate is about 1300 cals per day. If I eat about 500-700 per day, then I'm still losing AT LEAST 600 calories each day. That's a pound every 6 days. Throw some exercise in there, 300 calories 4 days a week (reasonable, right???) and we're up to a pound and a half per week. AT LEAST, remember. If I keep it below 600 every day, that's another 700 calories or .2 lbs. hmmm, still not enough... OH YEAH, throw in 1 fasting day per week (2 some weeks, but at least 1) and we're just under 2 pounds per week. I know that won't get me completely to my goal, I'll end up closer to 108, but if I'm able to throw in some extra exercise and extra fasting days, I can get there. I know I can.

So now I'm setting my max at 600 calories per day. That's an absolute MAX! Stay strong lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! The reunion of which you speak is the same day as my birthday!! :-) Maybe we can work on meeting our goals together.... but I really have no other goal than to fit into the $2000 worth of jeans hanging in my closet that I cannot currently fit into. So I need to lose like 20 lbs to be able to do that.... Well, we can support each other I guess! I think you have a solid plan and if you stick to it and make it your job, than I KNOW you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chickie, honestly...i don't think fasting is the way to go. i think if you can stay at your projected 600 cals per day and exercise as much as you can you'd be better off...not to mention healthier.

    i guess i'm just not the fasting type. i can go all morning and into late in the afternoon...i can even wait til dinner to eat (every saturday) but i can't seem to go with nothing at all. my brain just goes haywire...can't think, focus or remember what the heck i was in the middle of doing and i make shit up in my head...crazy thoughts. maybe i'm just doing it wrong???

    drink lots of water, eat bunches of fiber, exercise and get as much sleep as you can...you can do it, we'll be with you!

    hugs,
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! It will feel so good to be the skinny one. I remember at my hs reunion everyone said, "you are so skinny, what happened?" I think they thought I was sick or something but I didn't mind. BTW, I'm not actually that skinny either!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)