Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 2: Success!

OK, you ladies can all laugh at me about something... I have a confession to make... I'm a scale-a-holic. I know some of you are too, so I'm sure I'm not alone. Well, I promised I wouldn't weigh myself until at least 1 week in, for a couple reasons actually. 1-- I hate just going based on the scale. 2-- Right now I feel like I'm making progress, and if my weight was not going down that would just depress me and make me likely to eat more. 3-- If I'm doing good and my weight IS going down, I'm more likely to allow myself a "treat", which always leads to more than I want, and to more guilt. So for those reasons I have vowed to weigh in ONLY ON MONDAYS for the month of January.

So anyway, the story. This morning I got back from my treadmill time (sucky run actually, I could just barely push out a 10 minute run, with a 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down, what a loser) and the scale was just calling to me. Looking at me with it's big blue face. I could literally hear it "come on, it won't hurt, just step on and all your questions will be answered. You will feel better, just step on"... So I did. And I looked straight up. I allowed enough time for the scale to set the accurate reading (digital, takes about 5 seconds) then stepped off, still looking up. I walked around the sink so I couldn't see it, then hopped in the shower without ever looking at it. So the scale won, but so did I damn it! And that little surge in willpower made me feel that much stronger so that I know I can do today as well. I can't wait to step on the scale Monday.

I'm kinda concerned about this weekend. I'm going out with my friend TJ, and old friend from college, a guy, who has always been after my ass. I haven't seen him in a while, like 6 months or so, and I was 10-15 lbs heavier at the time. I'm kinda curious what he'll say when he sees me, if he'll notice the difference.

Oh, and I've been meaning to post this for a week or so and keep forgetting... Any ladies with a hubby or steady sig other, do you wonder what they're going to say or if they're going to notice? I know that I've lost some weight. I'm well below what I've EVER been the whole time DH has known me. Like about 8 lbs below my wedding weight, which was super low. And not a comment. I know that my ribs were showing just a little at the beginning of the holiday. And still not a word. I don't know if he's just that dense, or he really doesn't notice, or if maybe he doesn't like it and he's afraid to say so (not that I would change it for him, I'm doing this for me). *shrug* I guess I just want to know what has happened with couples once it's impossible to ignore the weight loss, so I know how to prepare.

So anyway, yesterday... No breakfast, no lunch, had a power pop and a ton of water and coffee, then at dinner had some tortilla casserole (300ish) and some salad (100ish) and some broccoli (negligible, kids ate most of it), plus a small serving of cake (100ish, also kids ate most of it). That was it for the night. Nothing today, so doing well! Stay strong lovelies!

6 comments:

  1. great job on your intakes hun. when I lost 25ish lbs recently hubby def noticed but I didn't really try to keep it a secret either. he knew I was on a diet or whatever. I got totally mixed feedback though. like sometimes he would tell me I am "too fucking skinny" and that I am losing my ass. other times he would tell me I look hot. and I founf out that he finds my hipbones very sexy though. like you, I am curious what he will say/think when I get under 110 and then to my gw of 95. im going to be much more careful about hiding it this time around and im kind of hoping he wont notice since he sees me every day. I think men are pretty dense when it comes to weight. if you hubs doesnt know you are dieting its quite posdible he hasnt even noticed. I think to them we are either skinny or fat. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...the weight loss ended my 1st marriage!!But when I met him I was big so no wonder it freaked him out. My current husband met me on the skinny end so when I lost weight while he was gone he noticed but it wasn't as shocking. He knows I like to be skinny and as long as I'm not medically compromised he seems ok with it. The important thing is to totally downplay it. Don't let him know it's an obsession. If you act like it's no big deal unless you are on deaths door he will do the same. Oh, and be sure to eat with him but in smaller portions. Pretend to be normal about food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is fully aware of all my screwed up food practices. He does not understand, but he tries to be encouraging for my sake. He will help me stay on track; not because he wants a rail thin wife, but because he doesn't want to hear me bitch about being fat.

    He did not notice a recent plummet in 25 pounds or an even more recent holiday gain of 10. He sees me every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my bf is mixed, he knows, he worries, but he likes skinny & knows it makes me happy to be skinny and upset to eat, so he helps, to a point, he's absolutly against fasting though

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, "shebeelu" here...i'm new to your community and thought i'd introduce myself. i like your posts, thank you!

    I have the same relationship with my scale as you do but you seem to have more control, i just hop on every day...sometime 3 or 5 times in a day! mostly, i feel the one in the morning is the one that counts. all others are just for affirmation or comfort.

    as for the hubby noticing i don't have to wonder, he hates that i've lost so much weight. says that my ass is almost nonexistent and it's his fav part of my body. oh well, he's going to have to deal with that for himself! i hate my tummy and it's hard to control where you're going to lose it or not so until my tummy is flat i'm going to continue my plan...not his.

    great job with your intake! stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby "over notices" if that's even possible! He says every few days that i've "lost weight" but the scale tells the truth (I usually hop on the scale right after to see if he's right...i'm a scale addict too). I wish he didn't notice. I know he just tries to make me feel better but I don't like that he just says it to make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)