Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Back, and scared to step on the scale...

So normally I'm a chronic weigher... I step on the scale every day, multiple times a day. And right now I'm just too scared to do it.

I was in Las Vegas for 5 days, then 1 day at home, then 2 days in Lansing at another conference. Needless to say, the food and alcohol was free flowing. I started out good, I really did. But by the end of the trip I was eating mass quantities of food in a single sitting and chasing it with a beer. :(

I know I can get back to the right mindset, back to where I belong. I'm happy to be back home, back to work, and back to my blog. I need you ladies to help me. But right now I'm too scared to step on the scale. I was 116 when I left, and I'd guess I'm back up above 120 now. I just can't bear to face that. I'm going to hold off on stepping back on the scale until I feel comfortable with myself-- well, at least until I'm so curious I'm going to die if I have to wait any longer LOL!

Today is good. Coffee. Yup, and I'm hungry, which tells me I have been eating way too much because normally I wouldn't be hungry now at all. But, if I'm hungry, then I'm losing weight. I'm going back to my "only dinner" plan, and it'll be a small dinner. I finished off the ice cream in my house last night so I won't be tempted any more, plus I knew I was going back on the wagon today. And I am.

When I get the courage to weigh in again, I'll let all you ladies know. Until then, stay strong and think thin :)

3 comments:

  1. Personally I think scales are one of THE scariest things in existence. Reading this post you are showing so much courage and will power. I know you can get back into routine and it's good that there are now no temptations around. I'm here for you, we all are.
    Love Anafly
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just now stumbled onto your blog after looking through all my followers :) I must say, I like it a lot. You definitely deserve more followers than what you've currently got.
    I believe that you can do it! You can get back to what you were and keep travelling on that path. I'm glad I'm now finally getting back on track with my own weight, and I want you to know that it is possible. Don't let small failures get you down, just focus on the positive.
    I know that's easier said than done, but just think, it could be worse. You have already lost weight, no reason for you not to be able to keep doing what you want to do. That's what I usually tell myself :)
    BTW, I like your sub-heading: 130 to 99. That's roughly the same range that I'm floating around in, and I swear, I will be indescribably joyous WHEN (not "if") I reach the two digits!
    XOXOXOX Good luck with everything ~ Miana

    ReplyDelete
  3. events where there are endless amounts of food and alcohol are tricky :S i'm sure you'll lose it just as quickly as you put it on - dw hun.
    stay strong x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)