Thursday, December 9, 2010

Got up the courage...

To step on the scale. I was not surprised I'd gained, but I will truly say I was surprised by how little I've gained.

The weight was... drum roll please... 117.6 . Now, this is after a week in Las Vegas, during which time I was drinking like a fish in the evenings but eating fairly healthy, salads, seafood, when I could. However, by the end I did have a buffet (and I went all in) and then another two days of endless food at a different conference. I was actually eating three meals a day so I knew I would gain.

I was at 116.0 before I went. Now I'm at 117.6, so it's not too bad. However, I know I fluxuate a lot, so I don't know if that 117.6 is a low number or a high number, tomorrow will tell.

I did great yesterday, first day back on the wagon. I had nothing for breakfast or lunch (well, coffee), and a fairly small serving of nachos and cous cous for dinner. And a cup of tea later. And that was it. So far today I've had coffee. I'm not sure what dinner will be, but it will be a small serving. Plus tomorrow DH is leaving for work and I'm going to visit my mom with the boys. Then Saturday night I'll come back, and have a day of nobody watching at all on Sunday. Plus I'm bringing the dog back with me, and having a dog makes skipping meals WORLDS easier! I grab food like I'm going to eat it, slip it to the dog, and I'm done. It's fantastic! And we have her until Christmas. I'm hoping to be down to about 115 before Christmas day, but honestly I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see something closer to 112.

I'm going to be chaperoning a field trip sometime in January, and I want to be so skinny by then that it's noticed. I've been having daydreams about the instructor (who I have a semi-crush on, even tho we're both married)... there are lots of details there that I just don't want to get into right now, but maybe someday I'll share all of that. It's totally off topic, but let's just say I have some pretty interesting daydreams LOL :)

Anyway, so starting point right now is 117.6, goal is below 115 by Christmas. I have a little over 2 weeks-- that's totally doable!

Stay strong lovelies!

4 comments:

  1. that is an EXCELLENT gain (haha that sounds so weird!). but truly - only a pound and a half for a whole weeks worth of eating!? so so lucky :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha my poor little dog gets used like that, he doesn't mind though, besides my brother runs him enough he's not nearly as fat as I would be if I ate everything he did! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally doable! We believe in you ;)
    I can't wait til Christmas to see if I've reached my own goals!
    XOXX ~ Miana

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes it seems the scale is up when it shoud be down and other times down when it should be up. has a mind of its own, I swear! we are close to same weight. : ) u can def hit a solid 115 by chridtmas.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)