Friday, December 10, 2010

Water weight?

OK, so yesterday I was thrilled to be at 117.6 after a week of eating semi-normally... and last night was "ladies night" (which I actually don't drink alcohol at anymore, apparently wine doesn't agree with me) and I had some snyders pretzels (the buffalo wing kind, OMG they are awesome), but I just couldn't stop eating them! I probably had about 500 calories, but 0 calories of liquid (I brought a 2-liter of diet 7up) so I figure I would have normally drank that many calories, it's not a total failure. All I'd eaten before that was some nachos and some sweet potatoes, probably around 400-500 cals, so while I'm not super low, I'm still below 1000 and shouldn't have gained.

So this morning I step on the scale and get 116.6... OK, so I'm thrilled, but confused. I totally feel way fatter than before I went to Vegas, and not like .6 lbs fatter, I feel about 5 lbs fatter! WTF? I think I may just be down in the liquid weight and it'll all come back to catch me later. Eh. I'm leaving tonight to go to my mom's, I'll be able to fast all day today and just say I ate in the car on the way over (I'll even have the wrappers, from the kids eating) and I can usually make it without breakfast in the morning, so my next planned eating time is lunch tomorrow. Then I'll be leaving around dinner time, but Mom will probably have me eat before I go... boooooo.... But then it's just me and the kids on Sunday, so fasting day for me :) so I'll eat Lunch and Dinner Saturday, then nothing again until Monday dinner time. Nice :)

Hopefully next week I'll drop down below the dreaded 115 mark. I'd be so thrilled!

Oh, and to those who have been posting-- You warm my heart!
Miana, that was the most positive compliment I think I've ever heard!
Starving Artist, I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes use of the dog! LOL:)
Anafly, I'm glad I'm not the only one afraid of scales... they are really scary sometimes...
Amy, thanks so much for the support, it means worlds to me!

You ladies are what keep me going. Stay strong!

2 comments:

  1. I swear the scale has a mind of it's own - sometimes up for no apparent reason and other times down when you think it should be up. Rather than focus on those strange variations, I try to look at it in more long-term thinking. Like, "Am I down from 7 days ago?" Still....it's always a pleasant surprise when it's lower than you think it will be! Def. makes me smile! : ) Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I don't know whether to trust scales because they sometimes surprise the hell out of me haha. It also doesn't help that my scales are like 30 years old.
    Good luck for the weekend! I hope you aren't forced to eat too much and you enjoy the time with your mum :)
    Love Anafly
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)