Monday, December 13, 2010

Poo question (total TMI)

Talk to me about poop... When, IF, how often...

I was down to a point where I would only poo if I'd eaten a large meal and had a cigarette, about once a week (Thursday night ladies night). Well, last Thursday nothing. And nothing since. I had an awful weekend and ate everything in sight, and still no poop.

I'm a little concerned. Should I be? Is this normal? I haven't been restricting like this for very long, so I'm still learning, but if I'm eating I should poop, right?

I've been fasting all day, I'm thinking I might have to do a flush this weekend if nothing comes by then. I can't risk it for tomorrow as I'm in meetings all day Tuesday and Wednesday, then booked solid at work Thurs and Fri. But come Saturday, DH can take the kids and I can spend the weekend in the bathroom if necessary. Plus that's a reason to not eat, play the "not feeling well" card and spend the day on the pooper.

OK, so that's my TMI worry for the day... help? Tips? Thanks ladies for the responses, we have no secrets here!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't really go at all unless I flush/lax. I always worry about it but more like "Omg there's stuff inside me that I NEED to get out" than "maybe there's something wrong?" I should probably be more concerned about there being something wrong but yeah, I'm disordered xD >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. No great advice... but gosh, I feel you. I hate it when I can't go. The body gets messed up when we mess with it so much, and all "normality" in the bodily function field kind of goes out the window.

    I hate laxies, though. I usually figure it'll come out EVENTUALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not really TMI in a community like ours. Our body functions seem to be public info. But REALLY!! I so have no idea what to do as I have the same exact problem and I hate it because I feel like I am putting in food (sometimes not a lot) but it's not coming out hurting my weight loss. I just put a tab up of high fiber foods on my blog hoping that if i focus on eating just those it will help. Laxi's are not a long term solution but in times of desperation i have used them when I ate a lot but STILL couldn't go. My hubs said I don't eat enough to poop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im the same way and someone suggested taking high concentrated fiber pills before bed, this didnt really work for me but i know people who it works really well for and its a lot safer than laxs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drink a lot of water and black coffee, eat as much raw spinach as you can stand, and go for a long walk. You'll be right as rain by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)