Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1 of the 5-bite diet

Starting point: 123.6-- and I have NO idea how I'm that low! I was a total heffer over the weekend. pasta, meatballs, a party for gboy that had tons of sweets and a chocolate fountain, and I wasn't exactly going light! Plus a party last night that had pulled pork bbq sandwiches, potato chips, scalloped potatoes, and a DESSERT CONTEST, so about 30 of the most delicious desserts I've ever seen (plus it's fall, pumpkin time, and I LOVE pumpkin anything)! I even ate McDonalds on Friday for the first time in MONTHS.

I told DH that I was filling up last night and today I was going to start the 5 bite diet. I'd told him about it, being skeptical, but he wasn't actually shocked when I said I was doing it. It's 5 bites, twice per day, and that's it. I told him my goal is 2 weeks, but I didn't know if I'd make it. In reality I know I can if I try (and if others know I'm doing it so they don't try to sabotage me) but I still can't tell my mom I'm doing it because I'm not quite sure what she'd think.

I wore my size 4 skinny jeans on Friday and again on Sunday. Sadly, they fit well on Friday and by Sunday they were super tight. Ugh. So even though my weight went down, I got bigger over the weekend. I threw them in the wash as soon as I got home last night, and I'm not going to touch them until next Sunday. I'm hoping that by then they will fit well again, fresh out of the dryer (jeans are always tighter right after a wash, we all know that). Maybe they'll even be big!

So I"m not weighing myself this week. I'm staying away from the scale until next week Monday (that's 1 week) so see what 1 week on this diet can do for me. Then I'll weigh myself then and do another week. As I said, the goal is 2 weeks, but if it does awesome things I might just stay on it for longer. The whole point is to get your stomach to shrink back down to a healthy normal small size, so that you don't WANT more than 5 bites! Everything I've read says that the first three days are brutal, and I'm sure after a weekend of gluttony they will be, but seriously I'm pumped about the possible results and the fact that DH is not going to make me eat!!!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ;)