Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 2

Day 1 was a success. Total calorie intake was around 400. I didn't get to work out at all (except between the sheets) but I did go to sleep at like 8pm! I love getting extra sleep. Somehow right now I feel like I need tons of sleep, and I think it's because I'm out of shape again. I haven't been exercising at all. I'm looking forward to the weather getting nicer so that I can go for a run on Monday and Friday, when I actually get a lunch break.

Anyway, yesterday the scale (my starting point) was an embarrassing 121.6 lbs. It hasn't been that high since before I started my weight loss journey in October/November! Gross.

Today it was a much more manageable 118.2. That's more OK for me. At least to start, it is. I am working down. My goal is below 110 by April 15, and ultimately below 100 by the time summer vacation starts. Both are totally doable goals.

I'm getting back to the point where I'm embracing the hunger feeling. Yesterday I was so hungry leaving work (I hadn't eaten at all, I used to do that all the time) and I just stepped back and thought "This feeling is hunger. what does it really feel like? is it really pain? interesting" and just thought about what it truly felt like. My mind was categorizing it with pain, but it truly wasn't pain, it was something different. If you actually concentrate on the feeling, you realize that it's not truly pain but something else entirely.

Right now I'm sitting at work and my stomach is growling something awful. I'm going to lie my way out of a work lunch but I need to stop making noises!!! I'm going to go chug some water and hope that works.

I've really missed you girls, thanks for not bailing on me. Stay strong!


ETA: Ate lunch, cuz it was a lunch meeting and I looked weird. I just had a salad and the smallest grilled chicken wrap I could find, with salsa dressing. Then I had a snack size almond joy candy bar. I added in my dinner cals on myfitnesspal already and am going to end the day around 900 calories. Gross. almost double my daily limit, and tonight is Bunko so I won't be able to exercise at all to burn them off. Maybe I'll have to exercise in the morning or something. oh well, DH is gone this weekend so maybe I'll fast for a while, or just live on cereal with water. I could do that!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. It's always and up and down thing so don't think people are gonna leave if you take a break.
    Congrats on the numbers going down on the scale again. You'll get there.
    Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message ;)