Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trying something to keep me accountable

I've been running. I've been working out. But I have not been watching my diet. And it is causing some serious problems. I feel like I'm gaining weight, and fast. I'm not sure why. But there it is.

So I ordered a scale. One that connects to my phone app and tracks not just weight but also body fat and water and bone and muscle. I'm hoping to see some changes, but I know I only will if I keep better control of the diet part.

Thus my plan...
I'm going to take pictures of every thing I eat. Like everything. I can't eat it unless I take a picture.
I know that sounds ridiculous, but i figure I will actually stop  eating some of the junk if I have to take a picture of it. And if I do keep  eating, at least I will have a record of what I actually ate. That includes morning coffee, soda, everything. Anything that passes my lips except for water.

Plus I'm going to continue my couch to 10k running plan. I just finished week 1 today, and for some weird reason it actually hurt. It gets harder this week. I would normally do Monday, Wednesday, Friday... except last week I did Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday... So I have already done 2 days in a row and I know I was dragging today. I need a day off of the running apparently. So anyway, college spring break this week means I'm home by 4:30 most days. I'll do Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Then next week I will be back on MWF. If I can keep up with this and only repeat weeks a couple of times I will be ready for my 10k in July. I'm kinda excited.

Anyway, so i'm going to see if I can figure how to post my pics here. Follow along and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message ;)